Friday, October 5, 2012

Sally Hansen Lustre Shine - Lava Swatch

Good morning lovelies! I'm postponing the last day of Halloween Week until I get better pictures of the costume I wanted to post. Instead I've got swatches of the new Sally Hansen Lustre Shine - Lava. You might remember I used Lava as the base for my Day 7 manicure for the Let's Do The Time Warp challenge.

Lava is just beautiful. It's so shiny and it has that "glow from within" quality to it. At first glance it's orange but it shifts to pink and brown depending on the light. I'm happy that this looks as good on the nails as it does in the bottle.

This first pic was taken indoors with flash, you can see the brown real good here:
This next one was outdoors, it came out a lil dark but check out the duochrome shine on my middle finger:
Then this was out in the sunlight, it looks different again:
Here's a quick lil review: I liked it. It's sheer but not too sheer, two coats covered pretty well. I could've used a 3rd but I'm already getting that feelin like I gotta hoard this lol. I like that it's sheer cause it makes for a good layering polish.

Hopefully this collection isn't limited edition, it doesn't say so on the display. I grabbed Lava cause it was the last bottle and I didn't wanna regret not getting it. I think this is the perfect Fall polish. I hope these stick around cause I wanna try out some of the other colors!

This was a good polish week for me. Along with this I got a Kiss Nail Striper kit AND I also got my very first dotting tool cause Rite Aid had the L.A. Girl Polka Dot Nail Art Collection kits. I'm so excited to use it, I plan on using it for my LDTTWC Day 8 manicure. I hope to do that this weekend, I just haven't been feeling up to it. I'm using a bunch of lovely manis as inspiration and I really wanna do them justice!

Have any of you bought any of the Lustre Shines?

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, I love the color shift on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Duochromes are so pretty but for some reason the colour change doesn't work out that much for me lol, it's probably the types of duochromes I buy. I think I'll have to give this one a go because that pink shift is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel, I've bought some duochromes expecting it to look like an oil slick and it totally didn't haha. These Sally Hansen ones seem to work!

      Delete

I love comments and usually reply back. Don't be shy! ;]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...